Our dedicated team of volunteer ushers plays a key role in advancing the performing arts at the University of Maryland and beyond! Volunteers should be interested in the performing arts, have superior customer service skills, prepared to commit to one full season of volunteering, and be willing and able to work as part of a great team of other volunteers, students, and staff members.
About the Program
At The Clarice, we value our patrons and strive to give them a memorable experience at our events. Whether taking tickets, handing out programs, greeting incoming patrons or assisting guests in finding their seats, our volunteers are an integral part of The Clarice.
Assignments are selected for the entire season are given on a first-come-first-served basis. Events range from student performances to international performing bands and dance groups, to the National Orchestral Institute and Festival, and everything in between.
All volunteers must be willing and able to work every possible usher position in our various venues. Volunteers occasionally have to stand for long periods of time and must be comfortable ascending and descending stairs. Community volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
We work hard to take care of our volunteers, keeping them well informed and well trained. The Clarice Volunteer Program offers various training regarding ADA, venue knowledge, and getting to know our Front of House student staff. In return for your time as a volunteer, we provide fellowship, entertainment, and lots of wonderful benefits.
- Hands-on experience working at a world-class performing arts venue
- A chance to meet patrons and students in College Park who also love and support the arts
- The opportunity to see performances when working a shift, for free
- A Clarice parking pass so you can enjoy volunteering stress-free
- Various training and continued education opportunities along with volunteer appreciation events to celebrate your time and commitment
- Additionally, volunteers may elect to join the Senior Volunteer Service Corps at the University of Maryland
- For more information on all the perks of the SVSC, please visit their website here.
- Ushering gets you inside the world of professional performing arts. See how things work from the inside out and meet the people who make it happen!
Join the Team
Volunteer applications are accepted at all times and are reviewed on a rolling basis. We select volunteers in the order in which we receive applications, seniority and quality of previous volunteer work at The Clarice.
Interested in joining us for our upcoming Season? Reach out to us at email@example.com or call 301.405.0736 to learn about opportunities this season.
For more information about volunteering at The Clarice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301.405.0736.