We are located on the University of Maryland campus at the intersection of Stadium Drive and Route 193 (University Boulevard).
Skip to a section:
- Driving directions
- Public transportation
- Amtrak and MARC trains
- Nearby airports
- Building map
From your exact location
Enter your starting address for turn-by-turn directions from Google Maps:
From a general location:
Find directions from a general location:
We offer free and paid parking, depending on when you visit.
Free parking in Lots 1b and Z
- When: After 4PM Mondays – Fridays; all day Saturdays and Sundays. Excluding days with home football games and some other select events.
- Where: Lots 1b and Z, sections of the large surface lot just beyond The Clarice.
- Cost: Free
Until May 31: Pay per visit in Stadium Drive Garage
- When: Anytime, with some exceptions.
- Where: Stadium Drive Garage, the garage across the street
- 7AM–Midnight: $3 per hour
- Anytime: Use a pay station to register for 15 minutes of free parking.
How to pay:
Please pay for your space when you park. Learn more:
- Parkmobile app: Setup an account in advance for this free app that allows you to conveniently pay for parking from your mobile device. Use Parkmobile zone number 6105 and your parking space number.
- Pay station: Read our detailed instructions. Add twenty minutes to your travel time to account for lines at the pay stations.
- Automated phone system: Read our detailed instructions. Setup an account now so that you can quickly pay when you park: 888.580.PARK (7275).
Beginning June 1: Stadium Drive Garage is closed for maintenance and repairs over the summer
- For evening events beginning June 1: Free parking is available in Lots 1b and Z, the surface lots just beyond The Clarice. For NOI+F ticketed concerts and Maryland Lyric Opera performances, a shuttle will be available from Lot 1/Z to The Clarice.
- For weekday events before 4PM: Paid parking is available in Union Lane Garage, next to the Stamp Student Union. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to The Clarice.
Map of Summer Parking Options:
Season Parking Pass:
If you are a 2021-2022 season parking pass holder and you would like a refund for your parking pass, as it will not be valid for the amount of time initially promised, please contact the ticket office.
We can be reached by phone or email: 301.405.ARTS or email@example.com. The Clarice ticket office is open Monday through Friday from noon to 5PM, and 12PM-8PM on NOI+F concert Saturdays. Hours are extended as needed based on event schedule.
Parking is managed by UMD Department of Transportation. All information we post is subject to change without notice.
Public Transportation Directions
The nearest Metro station is College Park-University of Maryland on the Green Line. We do not recommend walking from the Metro station because the route is not pedestrian friendly. Instead, use one of the following methods:
- Taxicab: Find a taxicab by the Metro parking garage near the bus stop. After the performance, you may ask a House Manager to call a taxicab to take you back to the Metro station.
- UMD Bus 104: The university provides a free shuttle service (UM 104) from the Metro station to Regents Drive Garage, which is about a half-mile walk from The Clarice. Please check the UM 104 schedule carefully when planning your trip. (Note: Starting May 23, 2016, UM 104 is piloting a new route, with the most significant change being that it picks up on the west side of the College Park Metro station.)
- UMD Nite Ride: Nite Ride operates seven nights a week from 5:30PM – 7:30AM, providing free curb-to-curb service to and from the Metro station and The Clarice between the hours of 2:30AM – 7:30PM. For service please call 301.314.NITE (6483).
Please review Metro's website for schedules, service maps, service statuses and alerts.
Visit UMD Department of Transportation's Shuttle UM webpage for shuttle regulations and schedules.
Amtrak and MARC Trains
By car, we are closest to the New Carrollton train station, which is about 20 minutes away.
By public transportation, we are closest to the College Park station (MARC trains only) or Union Station.
- College Park station: This station is next to the College Park-University of Maryland Metro station.
- Union Station: Take Metro's Red Line in the direction of Glenmont/Silver Spring. Transfer at the Fort Totten station and continue on the Green Line in the direction of Greenbelt, exiting at College Park-University of Maryland.
For directions from the College Park-University of Maryland Metro station, please read our public transportation directions.
By car, we are closest to Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI), located about 45 minutes away.
By Metrorail, we are closest to Reagan National Airport (DCA), which is located on Metro's Yellow Line. Take the Yellow Line in the direction of Fort Totten/Mount Vernon Square. Transfer at the Mount Vernon Square station and continue on the Green Line in the direction of Greenbelt, exiting at College Park-University of Maryland. Please read our public transportation directions.
Dulles International Airport (IAD) is located in Virginia on the opposite side of Washington, DC.
We have multiple venues in our building, as well as classrooms, lecture halls and administrative offices. Download a PDF of our building map.