Spring Dance

Maryland Dance Ensemble photo by Alison Harbaugh

Do you have a lost and found?

Yes, if you’ve lost or found an item in The Clarice, please talk to an usher, contact the Ticket Office at 301.405.ARTS (2787) or fill out this online form.

Do you allow food or drink in your venues?

No, we do not allow any food in our venues. Beverages with closed lids are able to enter our venues.

Do you offer assistive listening devices, large-print programs or other accessibility services?

Yes, please visit our Accessibility page for details.

My tickets are at will call. How can I get them?

You can pick up your tickets from our ticket office any time before the performance. Just make sure we’re open before you stop by! On performance nights, please see the window labeled “Will Call.”

Student Tickets: Please be prepared to show your student ID when picking up student tickets.

Learn more about ticketing and discounts.

Can I use the practice rooms or pianos at the School of Music?

These practices rooms and pianos are managed by the School of Music, and they are are solely for curricular use.

Only registered Music students and curricular ensembles have access to the rehearsal spaces and pianos due to the School of Music’s full enrollment and rigorous degree requirements.

Unfortunately, there is no space available for recreational use or loan in the Center. But you may rent a facility in the Center.

Can I use the rehearsal rooms and dance studios at the School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies?

These practices rooms are managed by the School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies (TDPS). Please contact TDPS directly with questions about using the rehearsal rooms and dance studios.  

What is your dress code?

We don’t have a dress code. Many of our patrons wear comfortable, business casual clothing, or they may dress more formally for special events and opening nights.

When does seating begin for an event?

Typically, we allow seating thirty minutes before the scheduled start time. If we know in advance that seating will begin earlier or later, we make a note on the event’s webpage.

What happens if I’m late for a performance?

Late seating opportunities vary from performance to performance, and are at the discretion of the presenter and front-of-house staff. You must wait in the lobby until we can seat you at a time that has been pre-arranged with the artists.

While we will try our best to seat you in your specific seat location, you may be seated in a more accessible seat for the first half of the performance. During intermission, you may take your original seat, if you like.

Please note that we do not broadcast performances on monitors in our lobby.

There is inclement weather. Is the show canceled?

You may check the event status online or by phone. Visit our Inclement Weather page to for information on what to expect from us in the case of inclement weather.

Where are you located?

We are located on the University of Maryland campus at the intersection of Stadium Drive and Route 193 (University Boulevard).

Using a GPS system? Our street address is 8270 Alumni Drive.

Get detailed information on parking and directions.

Where are your ticket office and performance venues located?

Our ticket office and venues are located inside the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, easily accessible from our main entrance. Learn more about our venues.

What do I do if I can’t find my ticket?

If you purchased the tickets from us, please contact our ticket office. We can print new tickets for you, or send tickets in an email. If you purchased the tickets from an authorized reseller (such as directly from a rental client), please contact the seller.

Where can I eat?

Visit our Nearby Restaurants page for eateries in the area. Before many performances, University Dining Services offers drinks at Encore Bar, located across the lobby from our ticket office. You can contact the ticket office to find out whether or not Encore will be open for a specific event.

May I take photos, videos or audio recordings of performances?

No, we do not allow photography or recording of any kind in our venues.

May I use my phone or other electronic device during the performance?

No, please turn off all electronic devices when you enter our venues.

Is smoking allowed?

As of July 1, 2013 the University of Maryland is a smoke-free campus. This means that smoking is no longer allowed directly outside The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center.

A designated smoking area is located between Riggs Alumni Center and Stadium Parking Garage, directly across from The Clarice.

Additional details can be found at uhr.umd.edu/smokefree. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Ticket Office at 301.405.ARTS or tickets-theclarice@umd.edu.