The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission’s (M-NCPPC) Arts & Cultural Heritage Division provides financial assistance to Prince George’s County non-profit arts organizations for rental expenses incurred when holding performances at The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center.
Prince George’s County-based organizations renting performance space through M-NCPPC are eligible for venue rental at the campus room rate and are able to apply to M-NCPPC for rent credit to offset their expenses based upon the total estimated cost of the performance. The Clarice staff is responsible for scheduling events and determining rental estimates.
The following conditions apply to organizations requesting space through the M-NCPPC:
- Only non-profit organizations based in Prince George’s County, Maryland, are eligible to apply for the M-NCPPC rent credit.
- Organizations must provide proof of 501(c)(3) status to M-NCPPC and a copy of Bylaws to the M-NCPPC Arts Coordinator.
- The organization must also provide M-NCPPC a detailed description of the performance, the artists/performers involved and the targeted audience.
- Organizations must request rental space from The Clarice Scheduling Office and abide by The Clarice's policies outlined in the rental contract.
- Rent credit is not available for receptions, food served during an event, ticketing fees or rental of special equipment.
Contact the M-NCPPC Arts Coordinator at 301.446.3225 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the rent credit.
For information on rental of Clarice venues, click here.