We are located on the University of Maryland campus at the intersection of Stadium Drive and Route 193 (University Boulevard).
Skip to a section:
- Driving directions
- Public transportation
- Amtrak and MARC trains
- Nearby airports
- Building map
From your exact location
Enter your starting address for turn-by-turn directions from Google Maps:
From a general location:
Find directions from a general location:
We offer free and paid parking, depending on when you visit.
Free parking in Lots 1b and Z
- When: After 4PM Mondays – Fridays; all day Saturdays and Sundays. Excluding days with home football games and some other select events.
- Where: Lots 1b and Z, sections of the large surface lot just beyond The Clarice.
- Cost: Free
Beginning June 1: Stadium Drive Garage is closed for maintenance and repairs over the summer
- For evening events: Free parking is available in Lots 1b and Z, the surface lots just beyond The Clarice. For NOI+F ticketed concerts and Maryland Lyric Opera performances, a shuttle will be available from Lot 1/Z to The Clarice. While face masks are not required in The Clarice, masks are required to be worn on the shuttle.
- For the Maryland Lyric Opera performance on Sunday, July 3: Free parking in Lots 1b and Z will be limited due to a sports event on campus. Additional paid parking is available in Union Lane Garage, next to the Stamp Student Union. The parking shuttle to the front of The Clarice will stop at both the center of Lot 1 and at the entrance to Union Lane Garage.
- For weekday events before 4PM: Paid parking is available in Union Lane Garage, next to the Stamp Student Union. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to The Clarice.
- Accessible Parking: During the Stadium Drive Garage closure, the UMD Department of Transportation has now designated an additional 10 parking spaces on Alumni Drive next to The Clarice for vehicles with valid DMV disability parking permits.
Map of Summer Parking Options:
Season Parking Pass:
If you are a 2021-2022 season parking pass holder and you would like a refund for your parking pass, as it will not be valid for the amount of time initially promised, please contact the ticket office.
We can be reached by phone or email: 301.405.ARTS or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clarice ticket office is open Monday through Friday from noon to 5PM, and 12PM-8PM on NOI+F concert Saturdays. Hours are extended as needed based on event schedule.
Parking is managed by UMD Department of Transportation. All information we post is subject to change without notice.
Public Transportation Directions
The nearest Metro station is College Park-University of Maryland on the Green Line. We do not recommend walking from the Metro station because the route is not pedestrian friendly. Instead, use one of the following methods:
- Taxicab: Find a taxicab by the Metro parking garage near the bus stop. After the performance, you may ask a House Manager to call a taxicab to take you back to the Metro station.
- UMD Bus 104: The university provides a free shuttle service (UM 104) from the Metro station to Regents Drive Garage, which is about a half-mile walk from The Clarice. Please check the UM 104 schedule carefully when planning your trip. (Note: Starting May 23, 2016, UM 104 is piloting a new route, with the most significant change being that it picks up on the west side of the College Park Metro station.)
- UMD Nite Ride: Nite Ride operates seven nights a week from 5:30PM – 7:30AM, providing free curb-to-curb service to and from the Metro station and The Clarice between the hours of 2:30AM – 7:30PM. For service please call 301.314.NITE (6483).
Please review Metro's website for schedules, service maps, service statuses and alerts.
Visit UMD Department of Transportation's Shuttle UM webpage for shuttle regulations and schedules.
Amtrak and MARC Trains
By car, we are closest to the New Carrollton train station, which is about 20 minutes away.
By public transportation, we are closest to the College Park station (MARC trains only) or Union Station.
- College Park station: This station is next to the College Park-University of Maryland Metro station.
- Union Station: Take Metro's Red Line in the direction of Glenmont/Silver Spring. Transfer at the Fort Totten station and continue on the Green Line in the direction of Greenbelt, exiting at College Park-University of Maryland.
For directions from the College Park-University of Maryland Metro station, please read our public transportation directions.
By car, we are closest to Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI), located about 45 minutes away.
By Metrorail, we are closest to Reagan National Airport (DCA), which is located on Metro's Yellow Line. Take the Yellow Line in the direction of Fort Totten/Mount Vernon Square. Transfer at the Mount Vernon Square station and continue on the Green Line in the direction of Greenbelt, exiting at College Park-University of Maryland. Please read our public transportation directions.
Dulles International Airport (IAD) is located in Virginia on the opposite side of Washington, DC.
We have multiple venues in our building, as well as classrooms, lecture halls and administrative offices. Download a PDF of our building map.