NextDANCE features UMD’s finest choreographers: faculty, students and alumni, culminating in the world premiere of GROOVE, by Stephanie Miracle.
A rock-’n’-roll, high-energy dance-theatre happening exploring groove and free style party dancing as a transcultural experience, the work catapults off of the universality of pop and rock music and lands on the unique, idiosyncratic ways individuals physically express themselves.
- Ordinary Festivals (excerpt), PEARSONWIDRIG DANCETHEATER (only in 9/12 performance)
- You (excerpt), Graham Brown
- iContact, Chelsea Brown
- Self-Portrait, Rachel Mucha
- Apple Falling (excerpt), Graham Brown
- If only I knew, Chelsea Brown and Bethany Disque
- GROOVE, Stephanie Miracle
Featured in DCMetroTheaterArts’ Best of 2014
The cast of Groove was recognized for:
- Best Performance by a Non-Ballet Dancer