Whether a musician is playing her part in a large ensemble rehearsal or preparing for his solo recital, the School of Music rehearsal studios are where performances take shape and music comes to life.
The following rehearsal spaces are appropriate for mid- to large-sized ensembles:
- Opera Rehearsal Room (Room 1218)
- Orchestra Rehearsal Room (Room 1230)
- Chorus Rehearsal Room (Room 2201)
- John E. Wakefield Band Room (Room 2540)
The following rehearsal spaces are appropriate for small ensembles or chamber groups.
- J. Spencer & Ruth S. Overholser Ensemble Room (Room 1115)
- Doris & Nathan Patz Ensemble Room (Room 2126)
There are a number of classrooms within the School of Music, each equipped with a piano and A/V equipment.
For information on rental of School of Music rehearsal space, contact Richard Scerbo at 301.405.1900 or email@example.com. Note that, due to academic needs, School of Music venues are in high demand and availability is limited.
For information on Leah M. Smith Hall within the School of Music, click here.