The Clarice's management departments are a proud participant of the University of Maryland's Green Office Program.
The Green Office Program engages UMD staff, faculty, and students in a dynamic initiative that promotes best environmental practices on campus. The program supports and promotes offices/units that are taking steps toward reducing their environmental footprint. It seeks to motivate environmentally friendly behaviors by providing definitive guidelines and reducing confusion about best practices. The program operates through a network of representatives (GO Reps) in schools, centers and administrative units.
The goals of the program are to:
- Engage the campus community in activities that will strengthen the University of Maryland’s position as a national leader in sustainability
- Recognize and reward leadership in sustainability
- Educate participants about how and why to take action
- Support the University’s Climate Action Plan and Strategic Plan
- Further integrate sustainability into campus culture
- Conserve water, save energy, minimize waste and save money
- Promote campus policies that support sustainability
For more information on the Green Office Program www.greenoffice.umd.edu
For more information about campus sustainability www.sustainability.umd.edu
The Clarice supports and promotes offices/units that are taking steps toward reducing their environmental footprint. We will continue to engage our staff, faculty, and students to promote initiatives that seek to motivate environmentally friendly behaviors as part of the University of Maryland community.