Photo by Geoff Sheil
All students at the University of Maryland, College Park, are eligible to receive a free ticket.
About the free tickets
- Available for most events presented by The Clarice, UMD School of Music and UMD School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies.
- Pre-registration and reservations can now be done in person at our ticket office OR online through our website.
How to register online:
- Create and/or login to your online account.
- Add a “Free Student Ticket Registration” merchandise item to your cart.
- Click “Checkout” to continue with the checkout process.
- Continue through the checkout process as prompted. Make sure to click “Confirm” at the very end – you’re not registered until you see an Order Confirmation screen with a unique order number to confirm your Free Student Ticket registration.
How to register in person:
- Visit the ticket office with your UID.
- Our ticket office staff will create/edit your ticketing account, giving you access to Free Student Tickets.
- Check your email (including your Spam folder!) for an email asking you to set your password.
- Set your password.
Reserve your free ticket:
How to reserve your free ticket online:
- Login to our ticketing system with your pre-registered account.
- Find the event you want.
- Select a seat anywhere in the house with the “UMD Student - Free” price type
- Check out.
How to reserve your free ticket in person at the ticket office:
Reserve a ticket in person at the ticket office with your UID.
Frequently Asked Questions & Reminders
- Tickets are available for the entirety of the current semester. Tickets for performances next semester will become available at noon on the first day of classes.
- You can see as many different music, theatre, and dance performances as you want, but just one performance per run. Want to see it again? Additional student tickets are Pay What You Wish, with a suggested price of $10 per ticket!
- Don’t ghost us! If you have a ticket you can’t use, please give us a call (301.405.2787) or email us (email@example.com) and let us know at least an hour before the show starts. If your account has 3 or more unused tickets, we’ll return your remaining tickets for the semester and you’ll have to re-register next semester.
- Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
- Interested in bringing a student group or class? Email the ticket office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!