School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies Sweeps Helen Hayes Awards
Congratulations to the University of Maryland's School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies Professors, Part-time Instructional faculty and Alumni for their well earned 30th Annual Helen Hayes Awards!
- Outstanding director, resident play: Mitchell Hébert, “Glengarry Glen Ross,” Round House Theatre (TDPS Professor)
- Outstanding ensemble, resident play: “Glengarry Glen Ross,” Round House Theatre (directed by Mitchell Hebert)
- Outstanding sound design, resident production: Eric Shimelonis, “Never the Sinner,” 1st Stage (TDPS Adjunct)
- Outstanding lead actor, resident musical: James Gardiner, “The Last Five Years,” Signature Theatre (TDPS Alumna)
- Charles MacArthur award for outstanding new play or musical: “Stupid F---ing Bird” by Aaron Posner, Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company (TDPS Adjunct)
- John Aniello Award for Outstanding Emerging Theatre Company: Pointless Theatre Company (TDPA Alumni)
- Outstanding visiting production: “The Book of Mormon,” the Kennedy Center (Lighting Design by Brian MacDevitt - TDPS Associate Professor).
We are proud of you and grateful for the excellence you bring to our students and to our School!