Harp Audition Requirements
- Solo: First movement of Handel: Harp Concerto in B-Flat Major
- Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra, movement 4, m. 42 to m. 58
- Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique, movement 2: “Ein Ball” beginning to #35
- Britten: Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra: Variation I AND Fugue, Rehearsal I to J
- Stravinsky: Symphony in Three Movements, movement 2: #117 to #125
Click here to download a PDF of the Berlioz excerpt. Note that we are not able to post copies of the Bartok, Britten or Stravinsky excerpts online.
Please note: The National Orchestral Institute does not provide a harp for auditions. If accepted, harpists must provide their own harp for the duration of the summer program, including travel to and from the University of Maryland.