Exposition (or a 3-5 minute selection for those works not in Sonata form) from any of the following major concertos:
- Debussy: Danse sacrée et Danse profane
- Ravel: Introduction and Allegro
- Mozart: Flute and Harp Concerto, K. 299
- Handel: Concerto for Harp in B-flat
- Bartók: Concerto for Orchestra, movement 4, m. 42 to m. 58
- Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique, movement 2: “Ein Ball” beginning to #35
- Britten: Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra: Variation I AND Fugue, Rehearsal I to J
- Stravinsky: Symphony in Three Movements, movement 2: #117 to #125
Click here to download a PDF of the Berlioz excerpt. We are unable to post copies of the Bartók, Britten or Stravinsky excerpts.
Note: The National Orchestral Institute does not provide a harp for auditions. If accepted, harpists must provide their own harp for the duration of the summer program, including travel to and from the University of Maryland.