Timpani Requirements (Required of All Applicants)*
Candidate's choice (maximum 3 minutes)
- Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra, mvt. 4, mm. 42-50
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 9, mvt. 1, mm. 513-end
- Hindemith: Symphonic Metamorphosis, Turandot, [S] to end
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony 4, mvt. 1, [T]-4 to [V]
Percussion Requirements (Required of All Applicants)*
Candidate's choice of a four-mallet work by J. S. Bach (maximum 3 minutes)
- Gershwin: Porgy and Bess, measures 1-18
- Schuman: Symphony No. 3,  to 
- Simon: AMEN!,  to  – VIEW EXCERPT
- Prokofiev: Lieutenant Kijé mvt. 1, Reh. 13 - 5 after reh. 14
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Capriccio Espagnol, mvt.4, beg to [L]+10
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Scherezade mvt. 4, [P]-[R]
- Dvořák: Carnival Overture, beginning to [c]-4
- Tchaikovsky: Romeo & Juliet, [O]-2 to [P]
*Excerpts not provided unless otherwise noted
Submission Guidelines For Percussion Auditions
Video auditions must contain all of the audition repertoire submitted as two files:
- File 1: a continuous take showing all timpani requirements
- File 2: a continuous take showing all percussion requirements
- Each file must be a continuous and unedited segment. Do not pause the recording equipment between excerpts. Any indication that the video has been edited or that the video equipment has been stopped during the audition, will result in disqualification.
- All pieces should be played without accompaniment.
- The following video formats are accepted: MPEG, MPG, MP4, OGG, MOV, AVI, WMV
- Files must be less than 1GB in size. If you need to submit a larger file, please contact the NOI office for instructions.
- Please use Google Chrome or Safari web browser. Firefox will not allow you to upload your files.