|Maximum stage width from wing to wing||42'11"|
|Width midstage from door to door||35'11"|
|Working maximum width at far downstage||28'4"|
|Depth (on center line) from downstage lip to rear wall||21'9"|
|Clearance dimensions of main double-doors stage left & right||7"0 tall, 6'3" tall|
|Height of stage from house floor||2'6"|
|Height from stage to tech boxes||8'2" sloping to 8'10"|
|Grid height from stage floor||25'7"|
|Ceiling height from stage floor||42'|
|Total usable stage space||660 sq ft|
|Total stage capacity||44 people|
See Audio for information about acoustic curtains.
A wide variety of small sound reinforcement options are available in the recital hall, ranging from CD playback and a speaker from a lectern to a fully amplified jazz ensemble.
Basic announcements and playback can be run from the stage manager's panel backstage right. Live sound for the recital hall is generally run from Row M in the house, approximately 45 feet from stage. Mixing console, microphones, portable speakers and other audio inventory is shared throughout the Center and is dependent on availability.
Gildenhorn Recital Hall is an intimate room designed for small chamber music performances and recordings. It is equipped with nine curtains that can be electronically adjusted to "tune" the room, based on the size and nature of ensemble and nature of the performance.
There is a 4 channel clear-com headset system with panels distributed through the space. The main outlets are at backstage right, backstage left and Row M (the sound mix position).
- 2 Rane GE-60 2-channel 1/3-octave Graphic Equalizers (house speaker system processing)
- 2 Crown PZM-20R Microphones (mounted in house)
- 1 Crown ComTech 810 Amplifier (main speakers) - 300W per channel at 8Ω
- 1 Crown ComTech 210 Amplifier (balcony fill) - 110W per channel at 8Ω
- 2 Crown ComTech 210 Amplifiers (patchable for monitor/effects speakers)
- 110W per channel at 8Ω / 150W per channel at 4Ω
House speaker system
- 2 EAW JF-100-E 2-way Full Range Speakers (main speakers)
- 280W 2 EAW UB-22 2-way Full Range Speakers (balcony fill speakers) - 200W
Lighting in the Gildenhorn Recital Hall is standard white concert lighting. It is made up of a front light wash, a back light wash and a top light wash. There are also specials located downstage right, downstage left and downstage center. Each has two front lights and one backlight.
House and work lights are controllable by the Strand Premiere House Lighting System, located at the stage manager panel backstage right.
|Source 4 Ellipsoidal (750 W)|
|Source 4 Pars WFL (575 W)||21|
|AC power outlets available onstage||7|
|Isolated ground circuits, stage right||3|
|Isolated ground circuits, stage left||2|
- There is no additional inventory available for this space.
- Refocusing or rehanging of the light plot requires approval of the Technology Shop Manager. Please contact your Production Coordinator with any questions.
There is no permanently installed projection equipment in the Gildenhorn Recital Hall. Video and projection equipment is shared with other spaces throughout the Center and is dependent on availability.
General projection option
- 7' x 10' rear-projection screen, placed far stage left underneath tech box, framing the doorway.
- Trim height of screen: 0' above stage floor
- Projector position to screen: 3’
- Depth from downstage stage edge to screen: 21’
- First row of balcony to screen: 50’
- Rear row of balcony to screen: 61'
- Control is available from off-stage left, off-stage right, or onstage.
- No seat kills are required for this configuration
This option works best in a lecture format, with a speaker located stage right at a lectern, sitting center stage or performing center stage. Please consult with your Production Coordinator to determine available options.
Dressing rooms and green room
The green room, dressing rooms and restrooms are shared by the Dekelboum Concert Hall and Gildenhorn Recital Hall.
- Five (5) soloist dressing rooms are each equipped with two (2) dressing spaces, a sink and a shower.
- One (1) green room (17' x 17') is located adjacent to the dressing room area. It includes a sink and upright piano. Rehearsals and performances on the stage can be viewed on the closed circuit television monitor in the green room.
Restrooms are located adjacent to the dressing room area. Though not accessible by the audience, the restrooms are for general use and are located in a classroom hallway.
Guest access to the UMD wireless network is available. Wireless access requires an authentication for each device connecting to the internet, available by speaking with your Production Coordinator.