Give the arts lovers in your life gift certificates so that they may choose their preferred performances.
Our gift certificates may be purchased for any amount and may be used toward tickets to all public performances presented by The Clarice purchased through the our ticket office. They may not be used towards rental events, gala events, parking or purchases at Encore and Applause. Gift certificates expire four years from purchase date.
How to purchase gift certificates
- Online: Purchase gift certificates anytime online.
- In person: Visit our ticket office. See our current ticket office hours.
- By phone: Call 301.405.2787.
Types of Gift Certificates
- Gift Voucher: You may purchase a voucher for any amount, which your recipient may use as payment for tickets (rental events excluded) or subscriptions. (This is the most versatile type of gift certificate.)
- NextLEVEL Voucher: You may purchase a voucher for the cost of a membership, which your recipient may use as payment for that particular subscription.
Forms of payment
- Credit card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
- Check: Make payable to University of Maryland; in-person orders only.
- Cash: For in-person orders only.
- Terrapin Express: UMD students only; for in-person orders only.
Gift certificate delivery options
- Print-At-Home: Send the gift certificate to yourself to print and deliver in person.
- Email to the Recipient: Select your preferred delivery date, recipient, delivery message, and a personalized message during the checkout process.
- Pick up: Retrieve the gift certificate from the ticket office.
- Mail: Expect your gift certificate to arrive within 2 weeks of your order. Gift certificates may be mailed directly to the recipient.
How to redeem gift certificates
- Online: When making a purchase, select Gift Certificate as a form of payment and enter the redemption code into the appropriate field.
- In person: Visit our ticket office and reference the redemption code on the gift certificate.
- By phone: Call 301.405.2787 and reference the redemption code on the gift certificate.
Returns, exchanges and ticket donations
- If you have purchased the gift certificate: We accept returns; the funds will be credited back to your form of payment. (See below for exceptions.)
- If you have used the gift certificate: We accept refunds at any time before the event; the funds will be credited back as a new gift certificate. Our gift certificates cannot be redeemed for cash.
If you request a refund for an order paid with cash, check or a now-expired credit card, you must complete a Form W-9 so that the State of Maryland may issue you a refund check. Note that this process takes 6-8 weeks to complete.
Lost your gift certificate?
Please contact our ticket office. We’ll reprint your lost gift certificate and/or provide you with your new redemption code.