Dining at The Clarice
UMD Department of Dining Services operates a café and a bar inside The Clarice.
Stop by for breakfast or lunch. Applause is a café located on our second floor, outside the entrance to the Cafritz Foundation Theatre.
- Offerings: Sandwiches, paninis, soups, snacks, coffee, etc.
- Hours: Typically open 8AM-5PM Mondays-Thursdays (8AM-2PM during the summer) and 8AM-2PM Fridays. Check for current operating hours.
Have a drink before a show at Encore, the bar located near our ticket office.
- Offerings: Snacks, coffee, wine, beer, and other drinks
- Hours: Typically open 45 minutes prior to ticketed events.
Our external dining partners
We’ve partnered with some nearby restaurants to help you save money while enjoying a night out.
Allow at least an hour and fifteen minutes before curtain for your meal.
Conveniently located at the Marriott Inn and Conference Center at University of Maryland University College, The Common is a great place to enjoy a meal before or after a show.
Special offer for Clarice guests
- 10% off your dinner check (excluding alcohol)
- Complimentary parking and round trip shuttle service to The Clarice
- Present your show tickets for the discount.
Reservations are required: Visit The Common's website or call 301.985.7300 to make your reservation.