Photo by Geoff Sheil
How much does it cost?
All NOI participants receive a significant scholarship to cover their tuition. Additional scholarships are available based on merit and financial need.
- All members receive a significant scholarship valued at over $4,000 to attend the National Orchestral Institute
2018 Application Fees:
- $75 - On or before November 15, 2017
- $85 - After November 15, 2017
- All application fees are non-refundable
- $495 due at the time of your acceptance into the program
- The program deposit is non-refundable and not applicable toward other costs
Students have a choice of finding their own housing in the area, or purchasing an option from the University of Maryland. For 2018, we are anticipating the following options for on campus housing:
- Double-Occupancy Room (No Kitchen) $1581 (includes 21 breakfasts and 21 lunches)
- Double-Occupancy Room (With Kitchen) $1396 (due to campus renovations, this option is TBD)
- Single-Occupancy Room (No Kitchen) $1922 (includes 21 breakfasts and 21 lunches)
- Single-Occupancy Room (With Kitchen) $1613 (due to campus renovations, this option is TBD)
- Estimated housing costs for 2018. Subject to change.
All rooms are located on the University of Maryland campus in an air-conditioned dormitory or apartment. Single rooms and apartments with kitchens are limited in number and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. You will select your housing options upon acceptance into the program. Housing fees are due on or before check-in to the program. (Housing fees are subject to change.) Members may also arrange their own local housing if desired.
NOI does not provide a traditional meal plan for participants due to the large number of eating establishments located on the University of Maryland campus and surrounding area. However, we have a limited breakfast and lunch plan available for for this year as noted in the packages above. A breakfast and lunch plan for commuters or those arranging their own housing is available as follows:
- Commuter Breakfast/Lunch Plan $402 (includes 21 breakfasts and 21 lunches (M-F) at the cafe located in the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center)
Participants that wish to park their car on the University of Maryland campus will be required to purchase a parking permit. More information will be made available regarding the cost and specific parking locations upon acceptance.
Wireless internet access is available to participants throughout the UM campus for nominal fee. Free internet is available to Eduroam members. (Check to see if your current college/university participates in Eduroam.)