Ode to the Peace: A Symphonic Chorus Concert
This spectacular concert showcases selected vocal and instrumental works of well-known Chinese composers performed by prestigious Chinese lead singers, a chorus of over 160 members strong and a symphony orchestra. The concert includes the world famous piano concerto, "Yellow River."
The second half of the concert features the premiere of Ode to the Peace, an eight-movement symphonic chorus by the accomplished composer and conductor David Zhang who will bring the concert in “flight to the bright sun."
- MR. DAVID ZHANG (Composer and Conductor) – Professional musician and music educator from Shanghai Symphonic Orchestra.
- MS. LING XIAO (Lyric Coloratura Soprano) – Singer by education and profession, awarded a “Class-A” artist designation in China, well-known singer and educator in the Greater Washington DC area, founded and conducted a women’s chorus.
- DR. MEI ZHONG (Soprano) -- Currently serving Ball State University as Professor of Voice. As an opera singer and concert soloist, Zhong has performed extensively in both China and the United States.
- MS. LIHUI ZHANG (Mezzo Soprano) -- A graduate from Shanghai Conservatory of Music, “Most Popular Award” winner at CCTV “Chinese New Year's Gala”，currently serving as the choral conductor and Artistic Director of the famed Yellow River Art Ensemble in the Greater Washington DC area. Critics hailed her recital in 2011. She is well-known singer and educator in the community.
- MR. FENG LIANG (Tenor) – Singer by education and profession, acted leading roles in such operas as La Traviata, Rigoletto, Tosca and La bohème, golden medal winner of two singing contests.
- MR. ZHENGHUAN YU (Bass-Baritone) --Pursuing Master of Music of Performance in Voice Performance, School of Music, Ball State University, recently won First Place in National Association of Teachers of Singing competition (Category 12), and First Place at Ball State University School of Music Vocal Competition (Graduate category).
- MR. QIONG YU (Solo Pianist) -- Taught piano at Shenyang Conservatory of Music and studied in the USA and German music schools to earn a doctorate degree and performed piano concerto on stage in quite a few countries.