The Marketing Manager for MilkBoy ArtHouse’s primary purpose is to develop and execute marketing and ticketing strategies related to the promotion of all public events that take place at MilkBoy ArtHouse in order to attract audiences. As a new part-time position within a groundbreaking venture, this person has the unique opportunity to help shape and communicate a pioneering brand as well as create and define the potential impact of the job itself. There is also potential to grow this position to full-time with the right entrepreneurial candidate. The required duties include, but are not limited to: traditional and digital advertising, grassroots marketing, partnership event based marketing, social media, and cross promotion. The Marketing Manager will design collateral as well as maintain the web presence for this venue. This position requires a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
This position is paid at an hourly rate of $19-$23 and requires an average commitment of 20-30 hours per week.
Marketing Strategy Creation and Execution
- Create and execute marketing strategies to attract audiences to performances including but not limited to:
- traditional and digital advertising
- grassroots marketing
- partnership event based marketing
- cross promotional opportunities
- Coordinate and collaborate with Clarice and MilkBoy staff on timelines and strategies.
- Maintain swag inventory and usage plan.
- Create marketing copy for related materials.
- Execute design for some collateral and customize existing artwork for the needs of this venue.
- Manage bill payment and tracking for all marketing efforts.
- Collect and interpret market research.
- Coordinate multimedia needs.
- Liaise with Clarice guest experience, MilkBoy ArtHouse Venue Manager, MilkBoy, and Bonfire on promotions, ticket sales, mailing lists and analysis of effectiveness.
Website Maintenance and Digital Presence
- Maintain and update venue information on the website.
- Liaise with MilkBoy and the Clarice Podio process to ensure accurate and timely event creation.
- Liaise with Digital Experience Manager on email marketing schedule and coordinate venue specific e-communications.
- Manage Social Media strategy, copy creation, and execution for venue and coordinate with Clarice efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- 1 – 3 years of experience in marketing, advertising, communications, or performance venues
- Proven ability to work as part of an integrated team in entrepreneurial pursuits
- Demonstrated ability to both create and execute marketing strategies
- Proven ability managing complex projects, meeting and coordinating deadlines and deliverables
- Demonstrated design skills including ability to use Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to maintain website content
- Working knowledge of basic office software including, Adobe Acrobat and Excel
- Budget management and bill paying responsibilities
- Superb writing and communication skills
- Background in the arts or experience with arts institutions
- Experience in a public higher education institution
- Knowledge of Podio or other project management software
- Knowledge of ticketing systems such as Spektrix, Ticket Fly etc..
Send a cover letter and resume to Rika Dixon White, Director of Marketing and Guest Experience (subject: MilkBoy ArtHouse Marketing Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Best consideration date is December 18, 2017.