The College of Arts and Humanities at the University of Maryland is seeking a digital experience coordinator to join their Marketing and Communications (MarCom) team. The digital experience coordinator supports a wide range of web and digital MarCom projects for the arts at Maryland that help advance strategic priorities in audience building, recruitment, fundraising and reputation management. Reporting to the assistant director of digital experience, this position manages the web presences of The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center and the Arts for All initiative. Collaborating with ARHU arts partners, the MarCom team and the web application services team, this position is responsible for day-to-day content management, including content creation, SEO and accessibility updates. This position will be the primary digital coordinator for the web project life cycle of these websites and will assist with other sites as needed, from research and planning to implementation, maintenance and reporting.
This position will serve as a key resource on a range of targeted digital activities, including the review, distribution and analysis of digital communications across multiple platforms. The position will be the lead support for website, search engine optimization (SEO) and other digital communication strategies, providing critical support, training and guidance to faculty and staff. This person works collaboratively with the digital marketing coordinator and across the MarCom team, integrating web projects with marketing, creative and communications projects.
B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, communications, digital media or related field.
Minimum two years of professional experience in a digital field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated digital project management experience, working either in-house or at an agency planning and advancing an organization’s web marketing strategy.
- Significant experience with web content management systems (CMS), social media, and new and emerging media.
- Superb verbal and written communication and strong digital writing skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly photoshop, with the ability to crop and edit images.
- Proficient in HTML.
- Familiarity with SEO and web accessibility guidelines.
- Experience creating and curating a range of strong web and social content (owned, paid) for placement across a range of formats and devices, including web, tablet, video, mobile, etc.
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize analytics to communicate audience and experience trends accurately and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse constituents.
- Creative, analytical and excited by learning new skills and concepts.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated MarCom team.
- Experience in public higher education and/or background in the arts.
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Drupal Content Management System (CMS).
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
- Experience with Wrike, Podio or other project management software.
- Knowledge of CSS.
Submit application online at EJOBS.UMD.EDU. Applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, list of references and either a link to their portfolio or provide samples of their work. Applications without work samples will not be considered. For best consideration, apply by Friday, December 10, 2021.