By creating opportunities for exploration of and exposure to leadership, management, integration and entrepreneurship in the arts, we strive to help people lead their art form. We encourage artists people to think of themselves as innovators because as artists, they can make the impossible possible, driven by because of the way they think and create.
- Masterclasses: Visiting artists guest teaching and speaking in University of Maryland classes as well as in the local community.
- Composer Readings: UMD student composers have original works read and professionally recorded by world-renowned visiting artists
- Music + Entertainment Starts Here (MESH): In partnership with the Maryland Music Business Society and Terrapin Record Label, MESH is a series of UMD student-designed events about the commercial music industry
- DeanTalks: The Dean of the College of Arts & Humanities interviews visiting Artists from around the world while sharing a family style meal with students, featuring culturally connected cuisine
- Concerts in Close Quarters: Visiting artists from around the world give unplugged concerts in common areas at UMD residence halls, featuring pizza and informal conversation.
- NextLOOK: Local artists receive time, space and dollars to create new work and delve into audience engagement opportunities with support from Joe’s Movement Emporium.