Through performance, inquiry and even stepping on stage, we create performing arts-based activities for people of all ages to demystify the creative process and encourage curiosity.
- Art Reveal: Tickets and transportation for groups in the community who, due to economic constraints, are not easily able to attend events at The Clarice.
- Arte Vivo!: In partnership with the Langley Park Community Center and the Latin American Youth Center, we reach out to new immigrant families from Central and Latin American countries. Family Art Days, Field trips to performances and out-of-school-time workshops are taught by bilingual UMD students.
- Arts Immersion Days: K12 students spend a day learning about and touring The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center and the UMD campus.
- Community Concerts (NOI+F): NOI+F musicians perform for, educate and befriend members of the community through a variety of events and concerts at schools, community centers, churches and retirement villages.
- K12 Student Matinees: The Clarice provides transportation, tickets and study guides for seven performances each season which feature visiting artists and UMD student artists from in the School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies and the School of Music.
- Creative Conversations: Moderated discussions with artists before or after performances to hear about the works being performed, and to gain a better understanding of the creative process.