Photo by Geoff Sheil
How much does it cost?
All NOI participants receive a significant scholarship to cover their tuition. Additional scholarships are available based on merit and financial need.
- All members receive a significant scholarship valued at over $4,000 to attend the National Orchestral Institute
2020 Application Fees:
- $75 - On or before November 15, 2020
- $85 - After November 15, 2020
- All application fees are non-refundable
- $525 due at the time of your acceptance into the program
- The program deposit is non-refundable and not applicable toward other costs
Room and Board:
NOI members may elect to stay in on-campus housing or choose their own housing off site. On-campus housing and meal costs are below:
- Double Room: $850.00
- Price is inclusive of double (2 beds/1 room) accommodations and linens at a Greek Life housing complex. Linens include 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, 1 pillow case, 1 pillow, 2 bath towels, 1 washcloth, 1 blanket. Laundry service is NOT included.
- Single Room: $1650.00 (limited quantities)
- Price is inclusive of single (1 bed/1 room) accommodations and linens at a Greek Life housing complex. Linens include 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, 1 pillow case, 1 pillow, 2 bath towels, 1 washcloth, 1 blanket. Laundry service is NOT included.
Meal Plan: $565.00 (required)
Each NOI housing resident will be required to purchase a meal plan in addition to their housing plan. The festival meal plan includes meals at the Greek Housing residence dining room. Each participant will receive 21 breakfast meals (5 breakfasts per week/3 the first week), 18 "grab & go" lunches (4 lunches per week), 21 dinners (5 dinners per week), 2 brunches (Sat or Sun brunch every other week) and 1 bottle of water for each day. No additional meals will be provided at on campus housing and the participant is responsible for the cost of meals not included in this meal plan.
Total Cost for Double Room: $1415.00 inclusive of housing and meal plan
Total Cost for Single Room: $2215.00 inclusive of housing and meal plan
See the frequently asked questions page for Off-campus Housing options.
Participants that wish to park their car on the University of Maryland campus will be required to purchase a parking permit. More information will be made available regarding the cost and specific parking locations upon acceptance.
Wireless internet access is available to participants throughout the UM campus for nominal fee. Free internet is available to Eduroam members. (Check to see if your current college/university participates in Eduroam.)