Photo by Geoff Sheil
How much does it cost?
All NOI participants receive a significant scholarship to cover their tuition. Additional scholarships are available based on merit and financial need.
- All members receive a significant scholarship valued at over $4,000 to attend the National Orchestral Institute
2018 Application Fees:
- $75 - On or before November 15, 2017
- $85 - After November 15, 2017
- All application fees are non-refundable
- $495 due at the time of your acceptance into the program
- The program deposit is non-refundable and not applicable toward other costs
Students wishing to live in campus housing can purchase rooms at the estimated prices below. There are also many sublet options available in the College Park area.
- Double Room (suite): $1241
- Single Room (in shared suite): $1551
- Double Room (apartment with kitchen): $1396
- Single Room (in shared apartment with kitchen): $1613
- Estimated housing costs for 2018. Subject to change.
All rooms are located on the University of Maryland campus in an air-conditioned dormitory or apartment. Single rooms and apartments with kitchens are limited in number and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. You will select your housing options upon acceptance into the program. Housing fees are due on or before check-in to the program. (Housing fees are subject to change.) Members may also arrange their own local housing if desired.
NOI does not provide a meal plan for participants due to the large number of eating establishments located on the University of Maryland campus and surrounding area. We do recommend that participants strongly consider choosing a housing option with kitchen.
Participants that wish to park their car on the University of Maryland campus will be required to purchase a parking permit. More information will be made available regarding the cost and specific parking locations upon acceptance.
Wireless internet access is available to participants throughout the UM campus for nominal fee. Free internet is available to Eduroam members. (Check to see if your current college/university participates in Eduroam.)