University and Community Band
The University Band and Community Band share an evening of traditional and contemporary wind band music.
Conducted by UMD alumnus Bill Sturgis, and UMD Assistant Director of Bands, Eli R. Osterloh, this concert will be an exciting evening for the whole family! Children and adults who are thinking of starting to play an instrument are sure to be inspired.
- HOLSINGER: Riding with the Frontier Battalion
- REED: A Symphonic Prelude based on “Black is the Color of My True Love’s Hair"
- HOLST: Second Suite in F for Military Band, Op. 28 No. 2
- PROKOFIEV: Athletic Festival March (March for the Spartakiade), Op. 69, No. 1
- CARTER: Symphonic Overture
- TICHELI: Amazing Grace
- PERSICHETTI: Pageant
- RIMSKY-KORSAKOV: Dance of the Tumblers