Maryland Day 2016. Photo by Dylan Singleton
The Community Action People (CAP) is a group of community members from The Clarice’s creative radius who bring their expertise, insight, familiarity and perspective to inform The Clarice’s planning in marketing and branding, fundraising and artistic programming. CAP collaborates with Clarice management staff, Clarice Satellite Arts Partners and each other to achieve its goals.
The Community Action People (CAP) are invited to:
- Help eliminate barriers to participation and open avenues of access to the performing arts
- Add a curatorial voice to the Artist Partner Program
- Advocate for and participate in public events of all kinds offered by The Clarice from both visiting artists of the Artist Partner Program and by its resident partners, School of Music, School of Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies, Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library and Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission.
- Connect The Clarice to other community members and community organizations as well as connect to each other
- Assist in planning the subject of focus for each CAP meeting and what key contributors from the community should be invited to participate
- Help identify community organizations willing to host the CAP meetings
- Regularly attend meetings
The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center will:
- Facilitate the planning of bimonthly CAP meetings to be held at community-based organizations in The Clarice’s creative radius including location, subject matter of focus and invitations
- Keep the meetings open to any community members who want to attend
For more information, please contact Erica Bondarev Rapach, Associate Executive Director at The Clarice.