This position is responsible for overseeing all NOI + F orchestra rehearsals and performances, student crew and serves as the main point of conduct for all musicians, guest faculty and conductors during orchestra rehearsals and performances. The Orchestra Manager reports to the NOI + F Production Coordinator and works closely with the Production Department, Director of NOI, APP Staff, NOI Staff and the musicians and guest faculty of the festival.
- Manage and report on all orchestra rehearsals and performances.
- Updates and posts the orchestra rehearsal schedule and rosters daily.
- Manage all orchestra personnel matters as they arise.
- Responsible for updating schedule information in Attendify app.
- Manages student crew for all rehearsals and performances.
- Prepares stage crew changeover documents, schedules and run of show documents for rehearsals and performances.
- Other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Weekends and evenings are required.
- Prior ensemble management experience is required.
- Outstanding communication skills in a fast-paced environment required.
- Strong computer skills needed (Windows, Microsoft Office, misc. troubleshooting)
- Close attention to detail, accuracy, and proofreading skills essential, as well as strong organization, analytical, and documentation skills; ability to prioritize and multitask in a busy department is required.
- Must have ability to work with diverse personalities while maintaining diplomacy and calm demeanor under pressure, and demonstrated success in building relationships throughout an organization.
- Working knowledge of classical music, including terminology, instrumentation, and repertoire, is required; ability to read music preferred.
- Some evening and weekend work is required. Frequent standing, walking, and moving of equipment and materials. Some moderate and heavy lifting required.
May 22, 2017 – July 1, 2017
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF format only.