MilkBoy ArtHouse is currently looking for students to join our part-time Venue Crew for upcoming concerts and live events. Venue Crew will provide assistance to the Assistant Venue Manager and will rotate through a variety of roles, including: onstage (setup/changeover/strike), backstage (audio/lights/projections) and front of house (ticketing/seating/setup). Candidates should be self-motivated, have a positive attitude, work safely and quickly and exhibit professional behavior at all times.
MilkBoy ArtHouse is a creative partnership between The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center and MilkBoy of Philadelphia. The venue is located on Route 1 in downtown College Park, MD and is comprised of three individual event spaces, including: two concert halls and a gallery space. Programming includes a wide range of live music, as well as works of theatre, film, visual art and performance art.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours: evenings, late night (2am close), weekdays/weekends. Weekly schedules will vary based on the number of scheduled events and their requirements.
- Interest in live event production for music, theatre, spoken word and more. Previous event production experience and/or experience with ETC lighting consoles and/or Yamaha digital sound consoles a plus.
- Ability to lift, push, or maneuver 50+ lbs, as well as climb ladders and work in high places.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with students, artists, community organizations and restaurant staff.
- Hourly wage based on current UMD student rates, commensurate with experience; benefits are not available for this position.
To apply, please email Collin Warren, Assistant Venue Manager at email@example.com
Please include: a resume of relevant experience with at least two professional references. Please indicate in your email if you are a current UMD student.