This is a 12-month administrative assistantship (20 hrs/wk).
Provide support to the Finance and Administration Department of The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center.
- Manage and reconcile purchasing card transactions.
- Manage and reconcile travel card transactions.
- Provide back-up support and assistance to maintain monthly reconciliation of accounts payable and receive functions at The Clarice.
- Provide back-up support and assistance with monthly closing process ensuring accurate financial transactions.
- Provide back-up support and assistance with the processing of student and contingent worker paperwork.
- Provide back-up support for equipment inventory.
- Manage The Clarice’s Federal Work Study account and monitor student balances.
- Manage The Clarice’s Record Retention.
- Must be enrolled in a degree program as a full-time graduate student at the University of Maryland.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with an emphasis on accuracy and attention detail, required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow complex written and oral instructions, even during busy times.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Suites (with emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat).
Submit application online at EJOBS.UMD.EDU. Applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter and a list of references. For best consideration, apply by Wednesday, November 22, 2017.