You will assist the Creative Coordinator on the Marketing / Communications / Guest Experience team primarily to execute program books for events in the 17-18 Season. This position is available to Federal Work Study eligible students ONLY.
- Receiving and laying out content based on an established template for each event in InDesign
- Generating PDF proofs
- Making edits based on client feedback
- Exporting final, print ready files
- General administrative support as needed
- Interest in graphic design, typography, marketing, communications, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop
- Superb attention to details
- Excellent time management, writing and proof reading skills
- Meets strict deadlines consistently
- Ability to execute several small projects simultaneously
Experience with project management software, such as Podio
Background in the arts or experience with arts institution(s)
Experience in a higher education institution
You will receive training in multiple design/editing/project management softwares. You will learn/reinforce basic to intermediate design skills. You will interact with an in-house marketing design team, members of two UMD Schools and several partner organizations in a highly collaborative environment.
Submit application via email to Alexandra Clarke. Applicants must be eligible for 2017-18 Federal Work Study and are required to submit a resume and cover letter. For best consideration, apply by Thursday, September 28, 2017.